Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurological and developmental disorder that begins early in childhood. ASD has a broad range of conditions are characterized by challenges with repetitive behaviors, speech, and nonverbal communication and social skills.
Autism Affects an Estimated 1 in 60 Children Sensory issues are a common issue with those affected with Autism.
- An autistic child given THC for six months reported significant reductions in the symptoms of autism.
- Consequences of cannabinoid and monoaminergic system disruption in a mouse model of autism spectrum disorders.
- Cannabidiol Based Medical Cannabis in Children with Autism- a Retrospective Feasibility Study (P3.318)
- Endocannabinoid Signaling in Autism
- Mutations found in individuals with autism interfere with endocannabinoid signaling in the brain
- Cannabinoid receptor type 2, but not type 1, is up-regulated in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of children affected by autistic disorders
- A novel approach to the symptomatic treatment of autism
- Consequences of cannabinoid and monoaminergic system disruption in a mouse model of autism spectrum disorders
- Targeting the endocannabinoid system in the treatment of fragile X syndrome
- Deficient adolescent social behavior following early-life inflammation is ameliorated by augmentation of anandamide signaling