CBD could be used to treat diabetes, according to researchers at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, led by Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, who is known as the leading expert on CBD.
The study suggests that the therapeutic effects of CBD could be modified to fit different receptors. Illness such as diabetes, atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular disease could, therefore, be treated.
Chronic inflammation has been known to play a key role in the development of insulin resistance and therefore type 2 diabetes. Researchers believe that the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD could treat this inflammation and therefore improve the body’s metabolism.
So what is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a group of diseases that affect how your body uses blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is vital to your health because it’s an important source of energy for the cells that make up your muscles and tissues. It’s also your brain’s main source of fuel.
No matter what type of diabetes you have, it can lead to excess sugar in your blood. Too much sugar in your blood can lead to serious health problems.
More than 80 million people are borderline or prediabetic.
Some of the signs and symptoms of type 1 and type 2 diabetes are:
- Blurred vision
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger
- Slow-healing sores
- Unexplained weight loss
- Presence of ketones in the urine
- Frequent infections
How does CBD help with Diabetes?
- Used in a vaporizer CBD can help calm restless leg syndrome
- Reduces pain often associated with diabetes caused by nerve inflammation
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory to help reduce arterial inflammation
- Aids in improving circulation by keeping blood vessels open
- Helps to relieve muscle cramping and gastrointestinal disorders
- Helps to gradually reduce blood pressure
- Using cannabis oil or butter in foods could be beneficial to the heart and arteries
- Stabilize a person’s blood sugars
Do you have any questions? Leave a comment below. You can also visit our Vetted CBD list of companies that we think stand out from the rest.